Two Baluch prisoners sentenced to death, Hassan Dehvari and Elias Qalandarzehi, were transferred to the quarantine section of Zahedan Prison to serve their death sentences, despite a request for a retrial.
Hassan Dehvari and Elias Qalandarzehi, two Baluch prisoners who were sentenced to death in late December 2016, , despite a request for a retrial, were transferred out of the general ward of Zahedan Central Prison on Friday January 1st, 2020.
The transfer of the two Baluch prisoners to quarantine to carry out the death sentence took place while Mohammad Reza Faghihi, the lawyer of the two Baluch prisoners, protested against their death sentence and requested a retrial.
According to the Campaign for the Defense of Political and Civil Prisoners, quoting the Baluch Activists Campaign, the two Baluch prisoners informed their families by telephone that they had been transferred to the quarantine of Zahedan Prison to serve their death sentences.
According to the report, “In response to the protest of the two prisoners against the death sentence, the judge in the case told them that if your brother and relatives do not surrender, your death sentence would be carried out.”
The two Baloch citizens are said to have been detained because of their brothers and relatives’ membership in “opposition groups”.